Its that time of year again, the time where we pull out those special recipes that only get used at Christmas time. I always feel that this is such a shame as I find some of my favourite recipes and ideas are tucked away all year waiting until the right time to share. Soon I will publish another Christmas favourite that I use all year round to feed a crowd, glazed BBQ ham, so keep your eyes peeled.
One thing I have always liked doing is making food to give away at this time of year and I have found that everyone loves getting something you have made. This White Christmas Rocky Road ticks all the boxes as something to make and give away. Its perfect for a present as its cheap, looks great, smells and tastes like Christmas and who doesn’t like getting chocolate? The hardest part is tracking down some turkish delight, you can get it at the markets but check your supermarket first. Our local woolies stocks turkish delight but only in the lead up to Christmas.
375g White Chocolate Melts
80g Pink or Red Turkish Delight
100g Dried Cranberries
50g Shelled Pistachios
- Place pistachios & macadamias in the oven for 10 minutes or until toasted, keep an eye on them, no one likes burnt nuts.
- Grease & line the base & sides of a 4cm deep pan anything around the 20cm x 30cm should be fine.
- Place the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 1 – 2 minutes, stirring with a metal spoon every 1 minute, until smooth. No you can’t leave the spoon in the bowl while you microwave.
- Using scissors, cut the marshmallow & turkish delight into small pieces. Place into a bowl with the pistachios, macadamias and dried cranberries.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the marshmallow mixture and stir it to coat.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes or until set.
Its probably a good idea to break it up and bag it before you taste, seriously, once you taste it you might find yourself needing to make another batch.